Thursday, July 7, 2016

HIS by BRENDA ROTHERT - #BLOGTOUR #BOOKREVIEW @BrendaRothert

Title: His
Author: Brenda Rothert
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Standalone Title
Release Date: June 28, 2016

Quinn

I’d say I’m down on my luck, but that’s an understatement. I’m flat on my ass. Homeless, hungry and in hiding with my little sister at the age of twenty-one, I’ve never been so desperate. I’ve hit rock bottom when I get an offer I can’t refuse. Sell my body to save my sister? There’s nothing I won’t do to keep her safe. I make the rules and I’m not afraid to defend myself if this rich guy crosses the line. But once I see beneath his cold, calculating façade, the lines aren’t so clear anymore.

Andrew

She’s an intoxicating mix of tough and vulnerable I’ve never known before. This homeless woman who fits right into my upper-class world is running from someone powerful, and I’ll do whatever it takes to protect her. But Quinn isn’t meant to be controlled, so I’m forced to choose between owning her and loving her. I’ve finally met my match, and I’ll do whatever it takes to make her truly mine.



I was a little worried that I wouldn't have time to finish His before I had promised, but once I picked up the book I knew that wouldn't be a problem.  I couldn't put it down.  This is a bit of a Pretty Woman story, a bit Cinderella, and a bit Billionaire Romance.  If you know anything about me you know that I love fairy tales and this book was definitely a fairy tale.  

His is the story of Quinn and Andrew.  Usually I post more about the hero in the story, but this time I will say that Quinn was my favorite character.  She is a 21 year old homeless girl, trying to protect herself and her sister from their past and their present on the streets.  Quinn is uneducated and homeless, but she's not hopeless.   She has morals, she's strong, and she's fiercely loyal.  Until Andrew comes along, Quinn's sister means everything to her.  She lives for her sister, cares for her, and is both parent and protector.  

Andrew is a 28 year old computer genius, billionaire.  He's extremely smart, and he's nice, but he doesn't let many people in to get to know him.  He's very private and has some of his own issues with his past.  Andrew likes sex, but he doesn't do relationships.  

Quinn and Andrew meet when Andrew's assistant agrees to give Quinn what to her is a huge amount of money for one night with his boss.  Quinn reluctantly agrees, but only because her sister is sick and needs help.  What starts as one night turns into a 6 month contract.  It's supposed to be a purely physical relationship, but both develop feelings.  

I thought the pacing and flow of this story were perfect.  It was somewhat predictable, but most romance novels are and that never bothers me.  I liked the story, the characters, and the writing.  I also loved the fact that this was a standalone - No cliffhanger.  It was all wrapped up neatly at the end of the book.  I definitely plan on reading more of Brenda Rothert's books.

I give HIS FIVE STARS!








Brenda Rothert is an Illinois native who was a print journalist for nine years. She made the jump from fact to fiction in 2013 and never looked back. From new adult to steamy contemporary romance, Brenda creates fresh characters in every story she tells. She’s a lover of Diet Coke, chocolate, lazy weekends and happily ever afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment